Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Memory Lane Meanderings

The one in which I recall 5 things that made me run like my butt was on fire:
  1. one adorable orange fluffy and completely rabid fox that I had to fight off with snowballs in the parking lot of my workplace (just imagine the surveillance video footage).
  2. one out-of-control snowboarder. (It's challenging running on skiis.)
  3. one moose. (I was on a lawn tractor at the time which I thought would startle that moose a.k.a. small dinosaur, but that beast just scoffed at my dinky tractor and charged, so I pooped my pants and ran.)
  4. Adelle Hardie after I spit a loogie in her hair on the first day of Grade 5. (Nope. Not proud.)
  5. one vice-principal.

5 comments:

King of New York Hacks said...

Pigeons in New York make me run for cover ! lol

Missy said...

LOL! What a list!

Didactic Pirate said...

I always thought moose (mooses? meese?) were slow and friendly, like golden retrievers or something, but with big round noses and antlers.

No?

Fickle Cattle said...

LOL. You don't spit a loogie on someone and then just run.

Oh wait. That's actually what you should do if you ever spit loogies. The real moral is you shouldn't spit loogies at anyone.

I am Fickle Cattle.

DB Stewart said...

@King of New York Hacks I hear ya. Pigeons, especially en masse, can be creepy.
@Missy Thanks.
@Didactic Pirate This one didn't run away and my instincts screamed RUN but I probably wasn't in mortal danger unless there was a cub nearby or it was rut season but I didn't stick around to ask.
@Fickle Cattle Agreed. I am definitely not proud although we did become good friends later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...