Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Wordfuse (Deny, Deny, Deny Edition)

pacifibs (noun): pacify + fibs = the lies we tell ourselves and others to cope, to placate, to smooth over, to take the edge off but mostly because the truth is just too scary. 




Comments indicative of this behavior range from the mild/moderate:
~"Pshaw. It can wait until tomorrow."
~"I don't weigh that much."
~"I can pay for this next month."

More extreme cases make remarks such as the following:
~"I'm not a hoarder; I'm a collector."
~"I can so rock this Speedo."
~Or if you're OJ Simpson, "I'm still looking for the killer, seriously."
~Or pretty much anything Lindsay Lohan says.
~Or all those enablers/parents of American Idol wannabes.
~Or especially those trying to justify their participation in this train-wreck.
~Or if you're me, "I totally look like Russell Crowe."

16 comments:

Chelle said...

"Sure I need to buy these books before I read the other 80 on/stacked beside my nightstand."

"Pink hair is fine for a 30 year old"

"It's normal to wear pajama bottoms to the grocery store."

DB Stewart said...

Exactly.

Sultan said...

I can't hear the name Russell Crowe without thinking of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xtVipOjTEE

DB Stewart said...

Very entertaining. *adds more Lego to grocery list*

Alittlesprite said...

OMG that tiny little girl has giant gold Madonna-esque pointy boobs on!

DB Stewart said...

Yeah. That freaked me out too.

Windsmoke. said...

Don't how many times i've heard "it can wait until tomorrow", most of the time tomorrow never comes and nothing gets done as usual :-).

Nicole Leigh Shaw said...

"Everyone experiments with meth and huffing sometimes." Right? You're all with me on that one.

Elly Lou said...

I don't need to buy maternity pants.

Peanut butter cups are totally a protein.

Everyone picks their pets based on their ability to fit their heads in their mouths.

Kev D. said...

I'm not fat, I'm just big boned.

Vinny C said...

Any answer to "Do these jeans make me look fat?" that doesn't end in you having to sleep outside.

Antares Cryptos said...

Denial can be a healthy coping mechanism.
I still maintain that I don't hoard books. I COLLECT THEM.

Charlie Pulsipher said...

That video was so disturbing. Thank you for the permanent damage to my soul.

G said...

so much truth in these...

Cheeseboy said...

But I DO rock that speedo! Maybe it's not small enough though.

DB Stewart said...

@Windsmoke It's a classic, isn't it?
@Nicole Ha! Um, suuuuuure.
@Elly Lou I don't need maternity pants either.
@KevD Ditto.
@VinnyC So true.
@AC Me too.
@Charlie Yes it was. So sorry. Every time someone watches that show a book commits suicide.
@G Nice irony.
@Cheeseboy I suppose now when you reach X number of followers this will be your next dare?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...