Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sometimes

Sometimes, for me, hearing a new song is like a troubled dream where I'm hiking and hiking and hiking up a mountain and then finally, finally I am able to turn around and see exactly where I am.

And then suddenly here, here, all that struggling was worth it.

And everything else has melted away or it's hidden by fog. And it doesn't matter anymore. At all....

If you could choose someone to live forever, who would you choose?

Forget all the variables that would affect your decision. Don't worry about everyone else; they would still have the opportunity to live long, happy lives. Don't worry about the potential problems with living forever either. Don't worry about goodbyes. Don't worry about anything. Imagine it's your one opportunity to save that one person. The one. Forever.

Who would it be?

12 comments:

Al Penwasser said...

Where was that picture taken? Absolutely beautiful!

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

I'd have to let go of the fear of forever before I'd be able to decide.

Pickleope said...

You have been incredibly poetic lately, not that it's a bad thing. When you let your writer-side flourish, I feel privileged to be let in on your thoughts. Beautiful song, beautiful words. Thank you.

Pickleope said...

I wish I had something funny to offer, but you took it out of me with your words.
Why'd you steal my funny!?!

Rubye Jack said...

I would not wish that on anyone--living forever. What makes life so special is that we know it ends, be that good or bad.

Alittlesprite said...

I could not chose between my son or Hubby.. I would rather that I had Hubby for longer than he has.

Windsmoke. said...

I couldn't imagine anything worse than living forever. Maybe dying and coming back to life about a century later that would be Bonza :-).

DB Stewart said...

@Al Jasper, Alberta.
@S-R-M I hear ya.
@Pickleope Thank you.
@RJ Well said.
@sprite I understand.
@Windsmoke Maybe.

Mrs. Tuna said...

Love new music, hate cold mountains. That's why I live in sunny AZ

Ryan said...

Kenny Dalglish

michael.offworld said...

Interesting how no one can suggest a forever person. Interesting good. I vote for Kanzeon (smiling).

Sultan said...

Someone thoughtful and kind and self aware.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...