Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

Things one should outgrow:

worrying about the perfect gift.

This is a photo of a gift under our tree from my teen son. It's difficult to tell from the photo but upon close examination, I'd say it looks like it was wrapped by a lobster. But who cares? I don't care how gifts are wrapped. I don't care about gifts. I care about the people attached to them. They are the gifts: my son, my daughter, my wife. Our families. Our friends.

"The only gift is a portion of thyself." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Then you are a rich man in gifts. Merry Xmas!

Vinny C said...

With all the people walking around with a "gimme! gimme!" attitude this time of year, it's always refreshing to see when someone gets what it's all really about.

Merry Christmas, dbs.

Rubye Jack said...

They are all that really counts.

Peace to you and yours on this chilly beautiful day.

triles said...

Right on! Merry Christmas dbs.

Claire Beynon said...

The people are the gifts, yes, yes, yes. . . HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you and your family, dbs.

Sultan said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Mrs. Tuna said...

Here hoping your day was merry and bright!

neal call said...

thumbs up

Antares Cryptos said...

So very true.
In the meantime can I regift someone who married into the family?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...