Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

This is my hood (today).

OM__ it's freakin' hot.
I hesitate to write on this topic because, as we all know, weather is predictably unpredictable, however...

It’s TOO HOT.

(If it is indeed not too hot as you read this where you live, I apologize. Right now, here, it is hot enough to give hot sauce an inferiority complex.)

I know, I know. I live in Canada plus it's Canada day. Winter is lurking nearby, smirking. Who am I to complain?! But...but...it’s just too hot. How hot IS it? It’s too hot to...

1. Cook.
2. East
3. Sleep.
4. Work.
5. Have sweat glands.
6. Play/relax/be together/be alone.
7. Encounter the colour red.
8. Be inside.
9. Be outside.
10. Be.

Anyone remember that ice tea commercial? Drink the refreshing beverage, fall backward in thirst-quenching happiness and sploosh you land inside your own personal mini-pool. Where’s the app for that? Isn’t this supposed to be the 21st century?

And finally...I know some of you are thinking “pshaw” as you read this. Indeed, some declare, “one can never be too hot.” But those people are a minority: they’re skinny.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Could be worse, dbs -- we could be in Death Valley, California where yesterday it hit 54 degrees celsius. I can't even imagine what that must feel like.

Happy Canada Day!

Vinny C said...

Living in the tropics, believe me, I've had those days. I've had them too often to count. Plus, I sweat. I sweat from just thinking about doing anything that could make me sweat. That's part of the reason I stay in this crappy job. The office is air conditioned.

And, of course, a Happy Canada Day to you, buddy.

Sultan said...

Sending you sympathy.

Al Penwasser said...

Makes me miss winter.
Until I'm shoveling my driveway in November.

CLR said...

I love your blog. I just love it, in all its pure lovely goodness. Close your eyes - ** Sploosh! Aaaaahhh...There. A Nestle Tea moment.

Adam said...

it wasn't terrible hot here today. Clouds saved us a little

Ken said...

Cooking hot during the day, thunderstorms at night! Your hood is my hood.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...