Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

No. More.

There’s something you all should know. And by all I mostly mean some of you. Something another guy revealed to me. Something serious. Something important. Something both women and men should know. I like to call it: the truth.

It has to stop. Sure, sure, everyone’s laughed about it at one time or another but enough is enough. It. Must. Stop. The joking and discrimination is unfair and unkind and unacceptable. Everyone knows it yet the intolerance continues. The time for empathy, for understanding, for respect is NOW. This is another one of those turning points in history, a watershed moment, a milestone marker along this journey in life.

According to an article published in the National Post, scientists have proven that “men actually suffer more when they are struck down with illness because high levels of testosterone can weaken their immune response.”

Minus the science-y words this is essentially what men have been saying for years! Take that ladies.

I am not making this up. This is for realz. I bet PeterMansbridge leads with this story every morning when he looks in the mirror to shave and practice looking cool for the CBC National News. Why aren’t more people talking about this?!

Plus, scientists have also determined that men with higher levels of testosterone feel MORE PAIN when they ARE sick.

Boom.

I know eh?

So guess what? That commercial about that guy whose wife refers to him as a 200 pound baby is pure sexism sanctioned and encouraged by millions of women all over the world. Truth be told, I’ve even laughed at those “I survived man-flu like a big boy” mugs. But no more.

No more. 

9 comments:

Vinny C said...

WOOHOO!!! Score one for the guys!

Ahem!

- NO MORE DISCRIMINATION!!! RESPECT YOUR BROTHER'S PAIN!!!

- MAN-COLD JOKES ARE HURTFUL JOKES!!!

Just consider me the official slogan writer for the "movement".

Ken said...

AHMEN, brother!

Pickleope said...

I KNEW it! But I'm sure the response is "suck it up, I give birth, and that's the most painful...blah blah blah", but birth is a choice, illness is not and it shows up more often than a baby.

Kerry said...

I feel so bad. I've been so unfair to poor John, not understanding that the more he whines the more of a stud he really is. How could I have missed this? So grateful for you dbs.

Al Penwasser said...

Yeah, but then the women will trot out the whole "oh yeah, well YOU have a baby then you can come talk to me!" business.
Oh, yeah, Toots? I've had hemorrhoid surgery.

Al Penwasser said...

By the way, when I first saw the picture of the wadded up Kleenex, I thought this post was about something else entirely.
You guys know what I'm talking about.

Rebecca S. said...

I thought I might drop by your blog after you visited mine. I did LOL (for realz) at this post.
My husband had emergency surgury for a blocked kidney stone. I have never seen someone in so much pain...and I had four babies. Mind you, my sister says I basically went 'pant pant ooo' and they were born, so what do I know.

Didactic Pirate said...

You are a crusader, good sir. Your research is sound. Sadly.............

Pearson Report said...

Oh… that's good!
Now I've got a clear understanding as to why I'm single… yup, raised one "real" child… don't feel like being married to that "200 lb baby" - hahahaha!

Awww… does that sound harsh, come here let mommy make it all better… yikes… look out, mommy dearest is having a hormonal hot flash!

All kidding aside - hormones suck! Male or female we all have our hormone cross to bear!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...