|Run Tortoise! Run!|
What do all these things have in common?
- The weather. As Mark Twain said, “Everyone complains about the weather but no one does anything about it.”
- Drivers: some drive too slow, some too fast, some too recklessly, some too cautiously and that’s why they remind me of Goldilocks.
- Parenting. As the saying goes, “one characteristic of the normal child is that s/he doesn't act that way very often.”
- Waiting. Life can be like that spinning circle of dots on your computer screen: loading-loading-loading.
- Goals. Some may say this is poor word choice, but even turtles run.
- Change. Turn the page or don’t: it’s your story. One thing though: who will want to read yours?
- Relationships. Listen carefully or you will miss the best parts.
- Peter Jackson movies. The longer the movie, the longer the movie.
- Being an Oilers fan. That awkward moment when someone is crying and it’s you.
- Fishing. As Steven Wright says, “there’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.”