Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Let's be honest...

I thoroughly enjoyed playing the International Oilman Game with my wife, my son, and his girlfriend recently, but its gleeful capitalism reminded me of an important idea I read somewhere: nobody gets rich on their own.

In other words, it's a good reminder to me (especially in Canada) that my access to health-care, education, and infrastructure all contributes to a quality of life that enhances my success. Yet another reason to keep one's greed in perspective.

3 comments:

jenny_o said...

In full agreement. Years ago I read a piece written for Thanksgiving that talked about how all the things we accomplish depend a great deal on the circumstances we are born into: our families, our natural talents, the amount of love and encouragement we grow up with (or without), our core personalities ... all the things that we don't control but which have a great effect on our success. People do not succeed in a vacuum. I've never forgotten it. We are indeed lucky in Canada.

CLR said...

I miss think. stew

I need to come by here more often.

DB Stewart said...

Hey CLR! My blogroll disappeared. I was able to add many of my favourite blogs again, but not all. How do I add you back?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...